What Steps Should I Take Following an Car Accident?
There are several steps that should be taken following an auto accident in order to preserve your right to financial recovery for the damages you have suffered.
- Contact the police department and ask them to arrive at the location of the accident. Ask them to file a traffic accident report.
- Take down the information of the other drivers involved in the auto accident, including their insurance information, driver’s license, make and model of their vehicle, and license plate number.
- Take down the information of any witnesses to the accident. Ask them for their names, phone numbers, and place of residence.
- If seriously injured, contact the paramedics so that you can be safely transported to the emergency room.
- Do not speak with an insurance adjuster or any other individual from the insurance company regarding your accident. Any words and statements you make regarding the accident and the injuries you have suffered can and will be used against you to lower or eliminate your right to recovery under the law.
- Contact Feldman Law regarding your case. We will be able to provide you the legal help you need in order to receive the compensation you legally deserve.
Your Right to Compensation Under the Law
Victims of personal injury caused by the negligence of another individual have the right to seek financial recovery for all injuries and harms suffered. The specific types of harms compensable in auto accident cases include the following:
- All medical and health related costs – including the cost in rehabilitation care.
- All future medical expenses.
- All economic damages sustained – this can include loss or damage to your personal property, loss of earnings and future loss of income.
- Non-economic damages – this can include pain and suffering, post traumatic stress and mental anguish.
- Punitive damages – in some instances courts will award punitive damages when the at-fault party acted with either the intent to cause harm or reckless endangerment of others due to conduct. An example of reckless endangerment would be driving while under the influence of an intoxicating substance or driving at a high rate of speed.
If you have any further legal questions feel free to contact Feldman Law. All case reviews and consultations regarding your claim are provided by us free of charge.
Whatever type of personal injury claim you have, Feldman Law can represent you. If you have any questions regarding the harm done to you or a loved one, feel free to contact us at 1.877.335.3626.
AREAS WE SERVE
At Feldman Law, our experience in handling high net worth cases is second to none. We strive to make a difference in the lives of our clients by providing passionate, one on one, legal counsel that that is bottom-line results driven. If you are searching for a dedicated professional that will fight for you in the areas of insurance bad faith, medical malpractice, slip and fall accidents, product liability and worker compensation laws, call Phil Feldman at 1.877.335.3626. Or for a free, private consultation, click here