Securities fraud is defined as the illegal practice of selling stocks, bonds, or securities to individuals based off of false information or insider information. This type of fraud can result in the loss of millions of dollars worth of assets. The United States’ government works cooperatively with the Securities and Exchanges Commission (SEC) to prevent stock brokers, financial firms, and other advisors from embezzlement and stock manipulation.
Unfortunately, if you are looking for a lawyer that specializes in securities fraud that could mean that you have already lost a significant amount of money to your “trusted” financial handler. However, with our firm, you can still be able to recover a large portion, if not all, of your lost assets and money.
Listed below are some of the most common violations that stock brokers and other financial intermediaries commit:
• Misrepresentations – In such cases a company releases false information or omits important information about its financial status or performance for drawing and retaining investors.
• Illegal Insider Trading – Officers of a company trade stocks using non-public information. Shareholders may try to conceal information like debt and scandals, or inflate the company profits for attacking investors.
• Violation of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Violation of Employee Retirement Income Security Act
• Trade without Permission – Your broker may have made trades on your account without authorization from you. If your stock broker made an unauthorized trade on your account, we can help you take legal action.
There are many other types of securities fraud cases where you could take legal action. We are the specialists in investment fraud and can represent you and fight for you in helping make up for your loss. Feel free to contact us at 1.877.335.3626 so that we can guide you with the course of action.
AREAS WE SERVE
At Feldman Law, our experience in handling high net worth cases is second to none. We strive to make a difference in the lives of our clients by providing passionate, one on one, legal counsel that that is bottom-line results driven. If you are searching for a dedicated professional that will fight for you in the areas of insurance bad faith, medical malpractice, slip and fall accidents, product liability and worker compensation laws, call Phil Feldman at 1.877.335.3626. Or for a free, private consultation, click here